BUCCELLATI CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Buccellati was founded in Milan in 1919 and, since then, the aim of the Maison has been to preserve ancient goldsmithing techniques, top level creativity and high quality in handmade jewellery and silverware.
In order to maintain the standard of its offer, Buccellati has extended its efforts to the conduct of its activities also from an ethical, social and environmental point of view.
Our Corporate Responsibility Policy expresses and controls all our behaviours to achieve the improvement we aim at: the people of our workshops, boutiques and offices worldwide are committed to this Policy and they are as well continuously updated on possible changes and amendments.
The Corporate Responsibility Policy is consistent with the objectives of the RJC (Responsible Jewellery Council), and it applies to all our product lines, all our activities and our entire supply chain. Buccellati collaborates closely with its suppliers to encourage their participation and assist them in complying with our requirements.
The implementation of our Policy is subject to periodical audits of an external firm; they cover many criteria and encourage a process of continuous improvement.
Our commitments can be summarized in three categories:
- Business ethics
- Social performance
- Environmental performance
Act ethically – Business Ethics
- We will not tolerate any kind of corruption or money laundering
- We will conduct our business with integrity and value transparency
- We will comply with the applicable laws and regulations
- We will exercise the greatest vigilance with respect to our supply chain, especially regarding diamond purchasing
Work with dignity – Social Performance
- We will uphold the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and ensure compliance with its principles
- We will tolerate neither child labour nor forced labour
- We will maintain the highest standards in matters of health and safety
Safeguard the environment – Environmental Performance
- We will minimise the use of toxic materials in our operations
- We will minimise the negative impact of our activities on the environment
- We will manage our waste in a responsible manner
- We will reduce our consumption of water and energy