Last updated: February 2022
Global-e NL B.V. has its registered offices at Krijn Taconiskade 430 1087 HW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (“Global-e”). Global-e may collect, receive, use, store and disclose your personal information in connection with the provision to you of an online order processing and fulfilment services for the sale of products to you (the “Global-e Services”). Global-e acts as a data controller at the point at which you purchase BUCCELLATI products via the Platform. Global-e is also a data processor for BUCCELLATI for certain functions provided on the checkout on our online Platform.
Where we offer our products for sale online or by phone through the BUCCELLATI Client Relations Center, you must read the applicable Conditions of Sale, which will govern the terms and conditions of any such purchases made in this way.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
We collect the information from you as detailed below:
- To access certain areas of our Platform, you will need to register with us. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable BUCCELLATI to provide you with the services you select;
- We collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you provide your details when you visit a BUCCELLATI boutique or contact the BUCCELLATI concierge by telephone. Please note that phone calls will on occasion be recorded for security, training and development purposes;
- If you choose to interact with BUCCELLATI via a social media platform or other third-party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform;
- We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed "Cookies and other information that we automatically collect", below; and
- We will collect information about your location to the extent that we provide any location services, described in the section headed “Location services” below.
Global-e will collect the following information from you as detailed below when you purchase a product through the online store Platform:
- When you purchase products on this Platform, you are using the Global-e Services. When using the Global-e Services, if you choose to make a purchase, payment, and/or place an order Global-e will require personal information from you in order process an complete the transaction and to provide subsequent notification and support services. This information may be provided to you by us or Global-e.
- Global-e will collect information about the products purchased and about you including your first name, last, email, telephone number and postal address and payment information, including the payment method and payment details with expiration dates and any payment voucher details that are provided, as well as indirect identifiers such as credit card information or online identifiers. If you do not wish for Global-e to collect your information, please do not submit your personal information to Global-e. However, Global-e will not be able to process your product order without receiving your details.
- Global-e will collect information about the preferred shipping and delivery details relevant to the specific transaction and contact details to send notification of the placement shipping and fulfillment of the order.
- When you contact Global-e or when Global-e contacts you, it may receive and process information that you provide.
- Global-e makes use of log files that it automatically collects from your computer or device when you interact with Global-e Services.
We will use the information we collect from you to:
- Manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders, facilitate delivery, and to provide after-sales services;
- Manage our accounts and records;
- Deal with your enquiries and requests;
- Send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- Identify products and services we think you might be interested in based on your information, such as your purchase history and your previous interactions with us;
- Send you marketing communications (including e-mails and social media audience matching) relating to us and other third party partners and that we think may be of interest to you where we have a legitimate basis to do so (please see the “Your choices” section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- Conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- Prevention of fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities as part of our efforts to keep our Platform and services secure; and
- Understand how our Platform is used so that we can continuously improve our Platform and services and other offerings.
Where you have agreed to a particular use of your information by us, we process it on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw that consent at any time (for example, for us to send you marketing communications) by contacting us (see the section headed “Contact us” below). We also process your information where this is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or where it is necessary for our legitimate interests of operating, protecting and improving our business.
Global-e will use the information it collects from you to:
- Perform the online order processing and fulfilment services for the sale of products to you;
- To improve the Global-e Service, prevent and detect fraud or abuse, to personalise your user experience, to contact you in connection with the Global-e Service and any transactions you have initiated or completed, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Global-e Service that you are authorised to access. Where your information is needed to fulfil the Global-e Service under the Conditions of Sale, a failure to provide that information may mean Global-e is unable to complete the transaction meaning that they will refer you back to us; and
To respond to your enquiries using your designated portal and contact information.
Cookies and other information that we automatically collect
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or mobile application. They are used to recognise your computer as you move between pages on a website, or when you return to a website or mobile application you have visited previously. Cookies are widely used in order to make platforms work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the platform.
There are two broad categories of cookies:
- First party cookies, served directly by to your computer or mobile device. They are used only by Buccellati to recognise your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Platform.
- Third party cookies, which are served by a third-party service provider on our Platform, and can be used by the service provider to recognise your computer or mobile device when it visits other platforms. Third party cookies are most commonly used for platform analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. BUCCELLATI uses both 'session cookies' and ‘permanent cookies’. Session cookies exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Permanent cookies survive after your browser is closed, and can be used to recognise your computer or mobile device when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
What cookies does BUCCELLATI use?
The Platform serves only the following types of cookies to your computer or mobile device:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Cookies necessary for essential purposes||
These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through this Platform and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like transactional pages and secure login accounts, would not be possible.
These cookies serve a variety of purposes related to the presentation, performance and functionality of this Platform. Their overall purpose, however, is to enhance visitors’ experience and enjoyment of this Platform.
For example, some of these cookies enable visitors to specify language, product or other platform preferences.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Platform.
The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor and is aggregated. It includes the number of visitors to our Platform, the platforms that referred them to our Platform and the pages that they visited on our Platform.
We use this information to help run our Platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platform.
When you visit our Platform or click on advertisements or promotional areas on the Platform these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help to evaluate the effectiveness of advertising and promotion.
They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
These cookies enable users to share pages and content through third party social media and other platforms. The companies that serve these cookies may also use your information to serve targeted advertising on other platforms.
How to control or delete cookies
You can set your cookie preferences by changing your browser settings so that cookies from this Platform cannot be placed on your computer or mobile device. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility).
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We will collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log-in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting purposes. We will anonymise and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
Global-e may also collect this type of information from your computer or device. Such information may be used for legitimate interests such as analysing trends, administering the Global-e Service, authentication for security purposes of a user’s movement around the Global-e Service, and gathering broader demographic information relating to how purchasers interact with Global-e Service.
The Platforms use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our Platforms, and we use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Platforms and viewing of ads and of our content. We also receive your information from Global-e where you have provided your specific consent to receive our marketing. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which are based on your visits to the Platforms and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested in.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You can opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioural ads by visiting the third-party websites described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies” above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties’ opt-out options.
Some of the services that we provide are able to use information about your location. For these services, which are typically available on mobile devices or applications, you are provided with the opportunity to provide your consent to the use of location services, which, for example, process information deriving from GPS, sensors, beacons or Wi-Fi access points in order to allow you to benefit from a more personalised service. Your device will have settings that allow you to turn off these services should you no longer wish to benefit from them.
Sharing your information
We will disclose your personal information to Global-e and vice versa in order to make the purchases you request on the Platform. Global-e do not share your payment data such as credit card details with us. We and Global-e do not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- We and/or Global-e will disclose your personal information to third party providers for the purposes of providing online and other payment services, handling credit checks and fraud prevention, and any other services required to use your information for the purposes specified in the section entitled “Information you provide us and how we use it”; and
- We and/or Global-e will disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we and/or Global-e believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
We have implemented standard contractual clauses to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your information where it is transferred to our affiliated companies and boutiques in territories outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland. Where we share your information with a third party service provider outside of the European Economic Area and Switzerland (as detailed in the section entitled “Sharing your information”), we contractually oblige the third party service provider to implement adequate safeguards to protect your information.
Global-e may transfer your information to third party services providers outside of the EEA. In the absence of an EC adequate decision relating to the country or transfer, Global-e seek to rely on appropriate safeguards such as the valid privacy Self-Certification or enter into EC approved standard contractual clauses.
Protecting your information
We want you to feel confident about using our Platform, and we are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have appropriate technical and organisational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. However, where we ask you to choose a password in order to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for selecting a secure password and keeping that password confidential. You should choose a password which you do not use on any other site, and you should not share it with anyone else.
Global-e follows accepted industry standards including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect your information. For example, certain sensitive information such as data relating to fraud is processed over a secure sockets layer channel and is encryption, and Global-e’s payment gateway is Payment Card Industry compliant. However, no method of transaction over the internet is 100% secure and therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security of the Global-e Service, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retaining your information
We and Global-e will keep your information for only as long as is necessary for our purposes, and in particular to protect ourselves in the event of a legal claim (for example, BUCCELLATI information relating to a contract with you will be kept for the lifetime of the contract and up to ten years after). After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised. Where we and/or Global-e sought your consent to process your personal information and we and/or Global-e have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent we and/or Global-e will delete your personal information.
If you request that we no longer send you direct marketing communications, we will keep a record of your request and contact details to ensure that your request is respected.
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we and/or Global-e hold about you in our records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. In some circumstances, you have the right to request the erasure of your personal information or a restriction of its use.
You have the right to object to us and/or Global-e processing your personal information in some cases. In particular, you can ask us to stop sending you direct marketing communications at any time (however please note that we and/or Global-e may continue to send you service-related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us and/or Global-e at the addresses listed below.
You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed “Contact us” or clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any BUCCELLATI marketing e-mails.
If you have a concern about how we and/or Global-e use your information, as a first step please contact us and/or Global-e using the details set out below and we and/or Global-e will do our best to resolve your concern. After investigating your concern, we and/or Global-e will respond to you in writing within a reasonable time setting out our proposed remedial action. If you think we and/or Global-e have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights you also have the right to complain to a European Data Protection Authority in your place of residence or work, or the jurisdiction in which the processing took place.
This section applies solely to the personal information collected online and offline of California consumers (excluding our employees, applicants, staff and contractors). This section is intended to address the relevant notice requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), and uses certain terms that have the meaning given to them in the CCPA.
- Your information, sources and purposes: Please refer to the sections above headed “Information you provide to us and how we use it” and “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect” for a description of the personal information we may collect about you (or have collected in the preceding 12 months) and the sources of such information (such as directly from you and your device or through certain third parties). These sections also describe the purposes for which we may use or have used such information.
- Sharing your information: We may have shared your personal information with certain categories of third parties, as described in the section headed “Sharing your information” above.
- Selling your information: We have not sold personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. As described in the sections headed “Cookies and other information that we automatically collect” and “About Advertising”, we may allow certain third parties (such as certain advertising partners) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our Platforms in an effort to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, as described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies.”
- Your rights: Subject to exceptions under applicable law, you may have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below:
- Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months and details regarding our collection, use, disclosure and sale, if any, of such information.
- Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt out of certain cookie use, as described in the section headed “How to control or delete cookies.”
To exercise your rights, please contact us as described in the section headed “Contact Us” below. If you exercise your rights, we may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity (such as your name, email address, phone number and/or address) or the authority of any third person acting on your behalf.
- No discrimination: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. This section is available in alternative formats upon request by contacting us as described in the section headed “Contact Us” below.
- Personal, family and household clients: In addition, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail message to our e-mail address below with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by e-mail, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83’s requirements.
The Platform is not directed at anyone who we know to be under the age of 16, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you should not use the Platform and should not submit any personal information to us.
Via Brisa, 5 20123 Milan (MI)
Krijn Taconiskade 430 1087 HW Amsterdam The Netherlands